apply from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM | Monday - Friday
The City of Paragould accepts applications on a continual basis for City employment. Apply at the Human Resources office in City Hall. The Employment Classifications for City jobs are:
Current Job Openings
TESTING SCHEDULED – JANUARY 22nd, 2019***
Part-Time / Full-Time Firefighter:
The City of Paragould is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter. This testing is for both Full-time and Part-time positions. The test date has been set for Tuesday, January 22nd at Station 2, 1505 E. Lake St. Deadline to submit applications for this testing is January 11th, 2019. All applicants that pass the agility, written exam, interview and background check will be eligible for any open positions for 1 year.
To be eligible to test you must have a current application on file with the City and must have a medical waiver signed to be able to run the agility course.
Applicants for Fire Fighter positions must meet the following criteria established by the State of Arkansas and the City of Paragould.
The following certifications must be obtained
shortly after the date of hire:
NFPA FFI and FFII
Structure Fire I
Structure Fire Advanced
Intro to Fire Protection
Intro to Protective Equipment (SCBA)
Wildland Fire Suppression
Applications may be printed from the Human Resources or Job Openings page or picked up from City Hall located at 301 W. Court St. Applications may be returned to the Human Resources office Monday thru Friday from 8:30am to 4:00pm. When returning completed applications, a résumé must be attached. Contact Human Resource Director, Tisha Baldwin @ (870)239-7511, with any questions.
THE CITY OF PARAGOULD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. THE CITY OF PARAGOULD DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS OR OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.
POLICE OFFICER OPENING
***POLICE TESTING DATE SCHEDULED***
***FRIDAY, JANUARY 25th, 2019***
City of Paragould is currently accepting applications for the next police
officer testing date. Testing date is scheduled for Friday January 25th,
2019. To be eligible for testing you must have a current application on file. Applicants
must also meet the following requirements established by the Arkansas
Commission of Law Enforcement Standards:
· Applicant must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
· Applicant must have a high school diploma or GED certification.
· Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license at the time of hire, with no record of suspension or revocation in any state.
· Applicant must have no felony convictions.
· Applicant must be of good moral character. A comprehensive background investigation will be conducted.
· Applicant will be required to pass a physical agility test and a written police officer selection test. Applicant will also be interviewed by an interview board.
· Applicant must be a citizen of the United States as of the date of the written test.
· Applicant must live within 35 minutes of the police station when hired.
· The City of Paragould will require a psychological and medical examination (including drug screen) after an offer of employment has been made to a job applicant and prior to the commencement of the employment duties of said applicant. Condition of employment is dependent on results of said exams.
Applications may be printed from the Job Openings tab on the City of Paragould’s web page or picked up from City Hall located at 301 W. Court St. Applications may be returned to the Human Resources office Monday thru Friday from 8:30am to 4:00pm. When returning completed applications, a résumé must be attached. The City will accept applications thru Friday, January 18th by 4:00pm. Contact Human Resource Director, Tisha Baldwin @ (870)239-7511, with any questions.
The City of Paragould is an equal opportunity employer. The City of Paragould does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital or veteran status or other legally protected statuses.