The Street Department provides and maintains the transportation infrastructure for those who live and travel through the City of Paragould. The Street Department is responsible for services that include paving roads, street maintenance and construction, construction of curbs and gutters, maintaining the City's drainage system including road ditches, retention ponds, creeks and inlet streams, street cuts, street sweeping, installation and maintenance of signs, and cutting of weeds and high grass on streets and drainage rights-of-way.

The Street Department also provides emergency services and support during inclement weather. We strive to provide the best and most efficient service possible to all citizens while keeping safety a top priority.

If you would like to report a problem please fill out the Fix It Form, Pothole Complaint Form, or give us a call at (870) 239-7520.

State Highways Within the City

There are several state highways within the City of Paragould. The City has no control over the maintenance of these areas. The highways and roads listed below are maintained by the Arkansas Department of Highway and Transportation. You can contact ARDOT at (870) 236-6516.

  • U.S. Highway 49
  • U.S. Highway 49 Business
  • U.S. Highway 69
  • U.S. Highway 135
  • U.S. Highway 358
  • U.S. Highway 412